Chicken Gyro Wrap

Tuesday, June 9, 2020




If you've been following me on social media you know that I love to start off the week with #MakeovermealMonday.  I believe Mondays are for fresh starts and new beginnings and they certainly shouldn't be stressful. For mealtime, I love taking something already prepared and making it better. Usually this involves just a few tweaks of extra color, nutrition and TASTE.  Mondays made easy are my absolute favorite way to ease into the week. 

This week I featured these Mediterranean inspired wraps.  My love for Greek cuisine runs deep. So I'm thinking outside the bun with these chicken patties and paying tribute to my favorite--gyros.  Each wrap is a flavorful combination of protein, crisp vegetables and a luscious yogurt dill sauce.

These Mediterranean style chicken patties are AMAZING.  I find them in the frozen section at ALDI Grocery Stores.  

The box contains 6 uncooked patties and I love how they are divided into two packages inside the box.  On Sunday we tossed a pack (three patties) on the grill along with our other meat. Now I have them to grab and re-heat during the week. You can also broil them or cook on stove top if you're not grilling.

Found in the freezer at ALDI
Each serving is a excellent source of protein and infused with red roasted peppers, feta cheese, red onion, spinach, olive oil and sea salt. And they are HUGE!  Upon splitting one with my daughter, I was inspired to transform this patty into something more.

And any excuse to mix up this healthy yogurt dill sauce is a win by me.  It's a spin off of my tzatziki sauce (without the grated cucumbers) that I love for dips and spreads. But more on that later.  You're going to love this creamy blend of dill, garlic and lemon juice!

4 ingredients for a creamy yogurt dill sauce
All you have to do is stir the following ingredient in a bowl until well blended. How easy is that?

2 Tbsp greek yogurt
1/2 tsp dill weed
dash of garlic powder
splash of lemon juice

The Chicken Gyro recipe makes 2 wraps.  Depending how hungry you are, feel free to devour both. Or perhaps you prefer to share.  At lunchtime, I pair one with a piece of fruit for a well balanced meal. Such a refreshing way to power through the day!

I love taking a favorite food and brainstorming how to switch it up and serve a wonderful meal for my family. It keeps things exciting. And variety is key to healthier eating. These wraps have raised the bar for Mondays.  And raised the bar for the potential of these lovely chicken patties. 

Look around your freezer. What could you makeover?


Chicken Gyro Wrap

Ingredients:

1 Mediterranean Style Chicken Patty (by Kirkwood at ALDI)
2 Street Taco Flour tortillas (5 inch size)
Sliced red onion
Diced tomato
Fresh spinach pieces
Tzatziki sauce (recipe above)

Instructions:

1. Warm and slice pre-cooked Chicken patty and place 3-4 slices on each tortilla
2. Add red onion slices, diced tomato and pieces of fresh spinach
3. Top each tortilla with 1 Tablespoon of Tzatziki sauce
4. Fold and enjoy








Post a Comment