Bacon Spinach Egg Bake

Monday, September 14, 2020

 

Whisk your eggs. Open a can of biscuits. Mix them together and enjoy a flavorful bake that is healthy, flavorful and pretty too! 

I've been anxious to share this egg bake with you all-- this is a classic!  I've made this for special occasions like Easter brunch but it's also perfect for an easy weekday dinner. As a new mom of two, this was definitely on repeat. One dish, easy to prepare amongst chaos and full of healthful ingredients.   You can use whatever you have on hand. But I recommend always keeping bacon bits in your pantry. 

Bacon bits are shelf stable, easy to store, and taste marvelous in a pinch. Or even when you're not in a pinch. I'm not one to get hand deep in bacon grease anyways but do love the flavor. And protein!  We like quite a bit of bacon in this dish. You could use less and still get the taste.

The combination of bacon bits with garlic powder and spinach is amazing.  And here's the perfect of amount of ooey gooey melted cheese upon golden brown biscuits that puff up to perfection. This gives the taste of one of my favorite quiches from a local restaurant but is so much faster and I know a bit healthier.  

And even if you're not an egg lover, give it a try. My daughter will not take to eggs (in any form) for anything but will eat this by the fist full. Okay, I have to put some ketchup on it but hey, however they'll eat it right?!

So how do I like my eggs?  In a bake!  And I hope you will too. 

Enjoy!

xo,

Brit


Bacon Spinach Egg Bake

Ingredients:

1 can biscuits (10 count)
6 eggs
3/4 cup real bacon bits
1 cup of milk
1 cup spinach pieces
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste 

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 9x13 baking dish
2. Cut each biscuit into 1/8th pieces, line pieces equally in dish
3. Sprinkle bacon, spinach and cheese on top of biscuit pieces
4. Scramble egg and milk together, stir in garlic powder, salt and pepper 
5. Pour egg mixture on top of biscuits
6. Place dish into oven and bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown


Notes

  • Any milk can be used
  • Ensure biscuits remain equally spaced once placed in oven

Like this recipe but looking for something sweeter?  Try my French Toast Bake

Post a Comment